Stage 4 - Amazing Tofu Scramble
As you transition into Stage 4 of the post-surgery meal plan (5 to 6 weeks after surgery) and you are able to tolerate soft foods, try out this recipe!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/4 cup carrots minced
- 1/3 cup yams peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms diced
- 1 12-ounce package firm tofu crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; sauté onion until softened, about 2 minutes. Add carrots and yams to onion and sauté until slightly softened, about 2 more minutes. Add mushrooms to onion mixture and sauté until mushrooms are slightly tender, about 2 more minutes.
Stir tofu, turmeric, cumin, and salt into onion mixture; sauté until tofu is cooked through, about 2 more minutes.
Calories: 108 | Total Protein: 7.5g | Total Carbs: 8.1g | Total Fat: 5.9g