Stage 6 - Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry
As you transition into Stage 6 of the post-surgery meal plan (3 to 6 months after surgery) and you are able to tolerate more foods, try out this recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or nonstick spray
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 bunch bok choy chopped
- 1/4 cup green beans halved
- 1/3 cup edamame shelled
- 3 teaspoons low-sugar teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger (optional) grated
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha (optional)
- 2 tablespoons green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice optional
Bring a pot of water to a boil.
Cube chicken breast in 1-inch pieces and boil on medium-high heat for approximately 15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (overcooking will dry it out).
Coat a large skillet with nonstick spray or olive oil and place on medium heat.
Sauté garlic, broccoli, bok choy, green beans, and edamame for 3-5 minutes, stirring often.
Add ginger, sriracha, teriyaki sauce, and water. Toss lightly, put the lid on, and reduce heat to a simmer for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat but keep the lid on.
When the chicken is finished, add it to the skillet and toss in the sauce.
Garnish with chopped green onions and serve with brown rice.