Stage 7 - Shrimp Ceviche
As you transition into Stage 7 of the post-surgery meal plan (7 to 12 months after surgery) and you are able to tolerate more foods, try out this recipe!
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp
- 1 cup lime juice approximately 5 fresh limes
- 4 medium tomatoes (Roma or Italian) diced (or 8 ounces canned, diced tomatoes)
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 small red onion peeled and finely chopped
- 2 serrano chili peppers (optional) ribs and seeds removed, minced
- 4 small baked corn tortilla shells (or 4 mini corn tortillas)
- salt, to taste
In a bowl, combine shrimp and lime juice.
Cover and marinate for about 10 to 15 minutes or until color changes to pink. Do not marinate too long, as the shrimp will "overcook" and toughen.
Add onions, tomatoes, chili peppers, and cucumber.
Gently stir to combine.
Season with salt to taste.
Serve cold with tortilla.
Calories: 248 | Total Protein: 30.5g | Total Carbs: 25.1g | Total Fat: 3g